Saturday, January 11, 2014

Nivea Lip Butters


These lip butters have been on so many bloggers raves and favourites, so it's been so much of a temptation to try these out. I bought these around mid year, last year and only managed to write up a review on them now. Tad late, but I have been trying them out for 6-7 month and my views on them still haven't changed. They are decent lip butters though.

I got them on sale for $3.72 each at Woolworths. 
The day after, I actually went back to buy a couple more of the Vanilla & Macadamia since my friends were in love with the scent but sadly there was only 2 left.


Saying before, the scent of this is absolutely delicious, it is basically, Vanilla and Macadamia. But the scent of Vanilla wins everyone over. It beats the EOS Lipbalms fruity smell. 



Of course, this is unscented.



As for this, the scent is like caramel popcorn also incredibly delicious.



The texture of the lip butters are so creamy, once you apply it onto your lips they melt into a nice layer of creaminess. A little is also enough to cover your lips, I find that applying more than enough will make all the product go towards the inner part of your lips, like most lip balms when you apply too much. 
I am definitely in love with the texture, the cute tin packaging and the scents but I find that the moisturizing part of it is just didnt wow me enough compared with the Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm which is still my all time favourite.
I would consider repurchasing, especially the vanilla & macadamia just to throw into my bag when my lips get dry through the day.

6 comments :

  1. I just purchased the Vanilla and Macadamia one yesterday for the first time, and so far so good. They're such cute little products! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How amazing is the scent?! I find that it makes a cute decoration on my desk also! x

      Delete
  2. I have Vanilla and Macadamia and love it! I just reviewed it as well haha :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the best one to get, out of the other flavours/scents. Though I am intrigued to see what the Raspberry one is like! x

      Delete
  3. I've actually been tempted to buy these ever since everyone ranted about them on their blogs and YT, but I not sure if the scents are very sweet smelling (like candy) and I'm not a fan of that. Should I give them a go anyways? I always have flakey lips :(
    I love supporting australian blogs, so I hope we can follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually arent sickly sweet smelling, but they are on the lines of having a sweet smell! You could always just use the unscented version. I recommend using the Nivea Essential Care Lipbalm if you want to get rid of flakey lips asap, I find that the lip butters take awhile for my lips to be good as new!
      And I would love to follow you :)

      Delete